Monday, July 27, 2009

Psychiatric Hospitals

So something that I have found intriguing recently are the misperceptions people have of psychiatric hospitals. I thought I would take a few minutes today to clear a few things up.
(I would like to clarify that a majority of the people...all three of you...actually understand what psychiatric units look like...so skip this post).
Psychiatric hospitals are NOT (in my experience) what you see in the media...at all. They are a bit more like this...typically, pretty similar to regular hospitals:
Also, some important things to note, the term "mental institutions" isn't used anymore. More proper terms are psychiatric hospital/unit, mental health, behavioral health.
Alright, that's enough about work related topics...otherwise, good day.

0 Comments:

Leave a Thought...