Sunday, July 18, 2010

Coping Capacity

There's been some growing happening over the last few months.  A lot of it.  I had reached the place of being pretty certain I couldn't handle anymore several times this summer, then God would always surprise me with the ability to make it through the next thing.  It's like when you lift weights, if you lift the same weight everytime, you'll only grow to be able to handle this amount of weight.  However, if you increase the weight, your muscles will grow to be able to handle more and more weight.  I think of the tv ads I see for the P 90X system, when they talk about how they get you to see results with the science of muscle confusion.  For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I've included a video for you...



This summer has been fairly similar to this process of "muscle confusion" only instead of muscles, it's been emotion and my coping capacity.  Though recapping the summer growing times seems like a lot of fun, I'll go ahead and pass.  I think my time would probably be better spent finishing my papers for class, that I pray that I'm able to finish on time.

1 comment: